Author Topic: About file conversion  (Read 3835 times)

Manny

• View Profile
About file conversion
« on: November 21, 2013, 03:00:15 PM »
 Hi im posting here because Id like to shed light on an issue concerning file conversion within total converter. The app starts up and installs no problem. I had an input file of an flv file extension . I wanted to convert to mp4 file extension. I  wanted custom settings to 640x480. It went on and started converting but stopped around 38% . I simply thought well maybe a bug so i tried again. Same issue. I even left the mp4 defaults and nothing happened. Simply don't know whats the problem. Im running a galaxy tab 2 10.1 android 4.1 . Is this issue resolvable?

Administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • aKingi
Re: About file conversion
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2013, 04:45:16 AM »
Hello Manny and welcome to the forum.

First of all, I'm sorry for the late reply. We are actively working to patch the application, because the problem you reported is a known bug (see this entry in the bug tracker -> http://bugtracker.akingi.com/thebuggenie/totalconverter/issues/7). We are going to change completely the "engine" of our app to let the user perform long time conversions without errors. For this we are going to release a 2.0 version for the end of December and we will also update codecs, so all users will have to update main app and the codec selected for your device. Please avoid leaving us a bad review on the Play Store and feel free to ask other questions if you have  :)
aKingi org founder

"The force is strong in this forum..."

Administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • aKingi
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 08:44:10 AM »
aKingi org founder

P-Boy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 11:05:13 PM »
Same problem here with new version. I have tried this on a HTC EVO and Xperia Play. Small files convert fine. I am able to pick codecs, resize etc... but with any long file (20+ minutes) it hangs. It has happened every time at different parts. After using the demo I purchased the full version but failed to test the demo on long files and now... well it does not convert a file 100%. I have tried others but with the option to use avi with a multitude of different codecs makes this software awesome... Just wish it could more than just short videos

Administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • aKingi
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2014, 08:38:48 AM »
Hello P-Boy and thank you for reporting your errors and for purchasing the pro version. We will start immediately investigating for this problem. Please can you give me more informations about the parameters used for conversion? For example: it happens with MP4 or with AVI only? What about the time? Only with > 20 mins? Thanks again.
aKingi org founder